Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ouija board, Ouija board...


I purchased a glow in the dark Ouija board yesterday, (actually my mom picked it up from Toys 'R' Us because I couldn't find any locally.) I gave it a try last night, hoping I might feel a little scared or nervous, like I did when I was a kid.
I goofed around trying to get it to say something sensible, but really had to reach to find anything. I'm going to be conducting a public séance on Friday, and I hope I get better results.
I tried to Google some tips, hoping I might find some entertaining questions I could ask the board, but found mostly "I heard this scary story..." "Ouija boards are dangerous" and "You might contact a demon!" I can't believe that this is the sort of thing that people still believe to this day.
I certainly didn't have anything scary happen to me yet, I actually would rather that than getting a bunch of boring gibberish.
Worse yet, I couldn't muster even a feeling of slight apprehension, without even thinking about it. I really want to feel scared, or that there is anything supernatural in the world, but it seems I cannot change my feelings no matter how hard I might try.

No comments:

Post a Comment